In the race against pediatric genetic diseases, every minute counts. Often symptoms arise in the first year of life and progress rapidly, frequently leading to death. Early intervention is critical to provide patients and families with transformational medicines.
At LogicBio, we are committed to the relentless pursuit of lasting cures for early-onset childhood diseases. If you share our sense of urgency and dedication to patients, we invite you to contact us at email@example.com.
At LogicBio our mission is to develop cures for serious, early-onset rare diseases by combining the best of gene therapy and gene editing. Our proprietary GeneRide™ platform is a promoterless, nuclease-free approach to genome editing that addresses key shortcomings in current gene therapy approaches. GeneRide™ achieves high expression of therapeutic proteins by harnessing homologous recombination to integrate transgenes site-specifically into the genome to provide durable gene expression in dividing cells and mature tissues from a one-time therapy. With this technology, LogicBio is uniquely positioned to deliver durable treatments for life-threatening genetic pediatric diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join our Discovery Biology and Translational Research group at the Research Associate level, who will focus on generating in vivo data to support preclinical development.
- Assist in execution of in vivo pharmacology/safety studies.
- Breed and maintain colonies of disease models.
- Handling/analysis of in vitro/in vivo tissue and serum samples.
- Accurately record data.
- BS (Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related science) with 1-2 years of industrial experience.
- Experience with breeding and maintaining mouse colonies is highly desirable.
- Hands on experience with various routes of administration (e.g. IV, IP, Retro-orbital), blood sampling and necropsy.
- Hands on experience with routine biological assays including ELISA, western blot and molecular biology techniques including PCR highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to multi-task to meet aggressive timelines, and technology development and research goals.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.